I know that as it gets closer to winter, we all tend to look toward heartier food; soups, stews, casseroles.  Taco Soup is right up my alley.  I originally got this recipe from a lady on my son’s Jr. Football team.  I never even knew her name, she was just Bobby’s mom. You know those people I’m talking about right? The other parents who have signed their kids up for the same activity you signed your kids up for. You spend a good 4 months with these people.  You get to know and like them but for some reason getting around to proper introductions just don’t seem to happen.  Ahh…. maybe this is just me, self-absorbed, yet fully invested in my child. Anyways, mom of Bobby, thank you for your recipe of Taco Soup that I have now made my own.  It is super delicious and sooooooo easy to make.

As I’m writing this post, it’s the day after Thanksgiving.  No Black Friday shopping for me this year.  And that’s ok.  I’ve had my time of standing in line outside the local WalMart or Target waiting to get in to spend my hard earned dollars. And watching the crazy people diving for all those super good deals.  Ya, I’m ok with not doing that anymore. This year though I’ve had the great opportunity to have one of my good friends, Brenda spend the holiday with us.

Picture
This is my friend Brenda.  She asked me if I could make her my Taco Soup recipe so she could take it home. So of course I said yes!  How could I say no?

Picture
These are the ingredients for my Taco Soup. I made a double batch for Brenda, but for a normal recipe I would only use 1 can of Rotel canned tomatos and 1 pound of hamburger. But if you want your soup to be really hearty, use 2 pounds. And of course, if you want this to be leaner, you can use turkey meat. Vegetarian eaters just omit the hamburger all together.  This recipe is so flexible!!  I used two packets of Taco Bell taco seasoning.  I just really like their flavoring. And sometimes I’ll add a can of whole black olives.  They kinda add another texture to the soup.

Picture
I brown the meat with some cut up onion added to it.  Just before I drained the meat, I added some chopped garlic.  Let that soften up before I drained the meat.

Picture
Drain the meat once the onions and garlic are soft

Picture
Put the drained meat back in the pan and add your taco seasoning

Picture
Now it’s time to make the soup. So you open all the cans and just dump them into the pot. No draining required. Oh, except I do drain the olives.  The olive juice is just too salty for my taste.

Picture
Once the cans have been emptied into the pot, this is what it will look like.  See how full and hearty this looks? Thanks Brenda for making this look so pretty! Now just stir it all up.  You can turn the heat up to medium and since the meat has already been cooked, your just warming up the beans and it should be ready in about 20 minutes.  Or you can put it on the back burner and just set the heat to low and it’ll be ready whenever you are. Now the way I serve this is by putting tortilla chips in the bottom of the bowl and put the soup on top.  Then I like to add some shredded cheese on top of that along with some sour cream and fresh avocado cubes on top. But of course, you can add anything you want to make it your own.

Enjoy!!

Comments

02/12/2016 8:36pm

I was excited to discover this web site. I wanted to thank you for your time for this fantastic read!! I definitely really liked every bit of it and I have you saved to fav to check out new stuff in your website.

Now you can burn your throat with a soup!

05/23/2016 7:07pm

Oh my goodness! Incredible article dude! Many thanks, However I am having problems with your RSS. I don’t understand why I am unable to subscribe to it. Is there anyone else getting similar RSS issues? Anybody who knows the solution can you kindly respond? Thanx!!

07/04/2016 8:30pm

The real estate market may seem overwhelming, but we are committed to providing our clients with a stress-free, simple, and fast experience.<a href="http://simplefastmortgage.com/">second home</a>

07/21/2016 5:40am

Wonderful blog! I found it while searching on Yahoo News. Do you have any suggestions on how to get listed in Yahoo News? I've been trying for a while but I never seem to get there! Cheers

Anxiety House because we wanted to focus on one area rather than all mental health problems.

04/06/2017 5:11pm

Digital torque wrenches capture peak torque or display torque measurement in real time mode. High and low setpoints with LED indicator and audible alarm facilitate Go/No Go testing.

04/20/2017 5:46am

Among the businesses that thrived are cloud contact center solutions. Contact centers empowered by cloud tech gained numerous advantages in the market, leading to their overall popularity and usability.

04/20/2017 5:51am

How much money do you actually need? Who can help you run the call center startup? What tools are you planning to use? By answering these basic questions, your plan will start to unfold.

04/20/2017 5:57am

You know what, CallShaper is the best and affordable call center software offering a cloud based call center for small business owners. CallShaper Software can be integrated with sendesk that provides full support.

04/20/2017 7:39pm

Yes, Many businesses have thrived through using the Uber for X model but others have not been as lucky in that department.

04/20/2017 7:44pm

Do ask the right questions when dealing with designing companies. Discuss things such as cost, cope, and timeline to determine if they are the right people to work with you.

04/20/2017 7:49pm

Ask what the strategy is and how it will be managed. Developing an app is a whole project with different people working on different aspects of it.

How are you likely to feel in case somebody lied to you today? Are you going to be upset? In general, every individual carry distinct limits in that aspect, yet I’m optimistic nobody can be thrilled in case somebody was made to trust a concept that is really bogus.

05/05/2017 3:45am

There is normally a Twenty To Thirty minute line up before you could even go into the US Immigration services, so your added time is definitely there to be the leeway for you to get throughout the lengthy line.

05/05/2017 4:03am

Engagement rings are usually presumed to just be worn during the entire uscis interview given that US Immigration Services would certainly raise questions concerning the important details of its cost, and occasionally the actual preference on design along with who decided the wedding ring.

05/05/2017 4:08am

Our law firm has significant experience in handling the following US Immigration services.

05/09/2017 12:28am

If you are looking for jobs

05/21/2017 5:03pm

Our LED stroboscopes use solid-state light sources that are very durable and long lived with no heat generation or drift over time. They feature push button control of all digital functions and pulse width modulation to ensure sharp images at high speeds and aluminum housings.

If you are looking for great service and excellent treatment, come and visit Plainfield Chiropractic And Rehabilitation, LTD.

06/25/2017 8:18am

yes but besides therapists who have specifically trained in marriage and family therapy training programs, there are no formal specialization licenses for therapists that want to focus on working with couples or families.

06/25/2017 8:22am

Over time, however, this synergy can stop growing, especially when time and energy isn’t dedicated to the relationship. External influences and obligations can further erode this synergy causing a disconnect within the “couple personality”.

06/25/2017 6:02pm

A very good counseling personnel that acquire different skills to guide people in the right way.

06/25/2017 6:05pm

Beyond just needing a dual household income to survive financially in these times, families are struggling with the multiple dynamics occurring in today’s American family.

06/25/2017 6:07pm

I found the best counseling for couples that offers effective counseling and it near to me, it walking distance away from my house.

06/25/2017 6:14pm

If you are looking for Crystal Lake Electrician, you are in the right place. You can contact through the link here!

06/25/2017 6:16pm

I think you need a Local Electrician to construct/install electrical wiring in your house to see it that you are safe.

06/25/2017 6:17pm

Here are the Electrician in Barrington coming for you. We provide professional electrical installation and repair.

06/25/2017 6:18pm

We a certified local electrician here in Barrington, you can contact us any time for you inquiries and concern.

06/25/2017 6:19pm

Yes, electrician near by are good when it comes tor electricity and electronical installation, they the certification of trainings and seminar they have attended.

06/25/2017 6:25pm

Your health is our concern - Plainfield Chiropractic And Rehabilitation, LTD.

06/25/2017 6:26pm

You need an excellent health? Come to - Plainfield Chiropractic And Rehabilitation, LTD.

06/25/2017 6:27pm

Your health is safe here - Plainfield Chiropractic And Rehabilitation, LTD

06/25/2017 6:28pm

If your health is concern, just remember the name - Plainfield Chiropractic And Rehabilitation, LTD.