Picture
I don’t know if I mentioned this in my first post but I live in a small coastal town in Washington State.  Ocean Shores, WA to be exact.  And here in Ocean Shores or OS as we locals call it, the weather is pretty crazy.  Like for the last 3 days we’ve dealt with temperatures in the 30’s and 20 mph constant winds with gusts up to 35 or 40 mph.  We do get a lot of rain and fog here because we are right on the pacific coast.  Someday I’ll do a “around my town” blog post but for right now the reason I’m telling you this is because it’s cold and windy here.  It’s the perfect weather for soup after a long walk. So yesterday I made one of my favorites, Italian Sausage Soup. It’s one of my mom’s recipes and it looks pretty damn delicious if I say so myself.  But here’s the rub…..it tasted like someone (could it be me?!???) dumped a whole package of salt in it. I mean, it was completely inedible.  How the hell did this happen? I told you in my first post, I’m trying to be a better cook.  I swear! I’ve been married to the same man for 30 years, we have 2 grown children and they have all survived my cooking throughout the years. I mean really, nobody has died from my cooking, I swear!!!!!  My mom is an AMAZING cook!  My daughter got her cooking genes but apparently they skipped me.  So getting back to my soup….

Picture
When I start to cook anything, I like to gather all my ingredients together.  I think it looks so pretty. Don’t you?  The first thing I did was fry up the Italian sausage.  I forgot to take a picture of that step.  So I got the meat all browned up but then I had to run into the big city(that’s about a 45 minute drive from my home) to run an errand for my son.  So by the time I got back, the meat had cooked all the way through, it was nicely browned.  However, it had sat in the sausage grease for about an hour and a half.  So I drained the meat, I reserved a little of the grease to cook my onions, garlic and celery (my trifecta of goodness) in.  This may be the point where I screwed up, I don’t know.  I may have had a couple glasses of wine by this point and thought this was a good idea.

Picture
So after that, I drained the beans and put them in, along with the tomato sauce and chicken broth.  The recipe calls for 2 beef bouillon cubes so I put those in.  Those are salty, right? (Another culprit to the saltiness…maybe)

Picture
After putting in the beef bouillon, I added a cup of salad macaroni and the carrots and zucchini

Picture
I put these veggies in last because my husband doesn’t like cooked, mushy carrots or zucchini.  This way they get warmed up but not overcooked.

Picture
So, that’s my Italian Sausage Soup.  Where do you think I went wrong?  And how did I fix this? You bet I did!  I wasn’t about to waste all this good stuff.  Well I was thinking about this as I went to bed (isn’t that sad that the last thought I had before falling asleep was how am I going to fix this soup?) Well I’ll tell ya little missy how I fixed it.  I simply drained all the liquid out of the soup.  I rebuilt the base of the soup and then just added back in the yummy good stuff.  And you know what?  It worked perfectly!  Now I have a yummy warm filling soup that I can heat up after one of our long walks.

So tell me.... have you ever done this before?  Fix a meal only to have it go terribly wrong? How did you fix yours? Let me know... I'm dying to find out!

Until Friday... Peace Out!

Comments

02/11/2016 10:20am

Can I simply just say what a relief to discover somebody that truly knows what they're discussing on the internet. You certainly know how to bring a problem to light and make it important. More and more people really need to check this out and understand this side of the story. It's surprising you aren't more popular given that you certainly have the gift.

02/12/2016 8:15pm

Can I simply just say what a relief to uncover somebody who genuinely knows what they're discussing on the net. You definitely realize how to bring an issue to light and make it important. A lot more people ought to check this out and understand this side of the story. I can't believe you aren't more popular given that you most certainly possess the gift.

03/25/2016 4:37am

more on out solid furthermore to keep up the thickness of the can however unquestionably keep up that would I be able to morphine and would let lines and wrinkles alright we will examine a Halocel dditionally about polypeptide thing called again I'm realize what you think and 18 recognizing that we really have indicated that collagen.

03/26/2016 12:42am

weight plates on both sides of the bar, and squat it with not a issue, I began to feel amazing! My tune totally changed. I began looking toward leg coaching periods. It's incredible what you can do if you just make some mental/attitude adjustments. My challenge to you is to overcome any stinkin' thinkin' that

03/27/2016 11:56pm

they are divided into two: the basic and the complicated carbohydrates. One simple carbohydrates aid in the growth of fat in the body; so, it makes sense that you shouldn't eat too much of it. Complex carbohydrates aid in providing more power for the human body to use. Foods that are loaded with necessary protein are also very important, and illustrations are milk items like egg, chicken and various

03/28/2016 11:51pm

body program now it well and if you could thischair you know maybe one time on the probiotic great quality that reliable on the fulfillment season well in it yup attorneys him what individuals think ofthat interval all well the whole like it that you canyour Xperia harm yep a lot of individuals but you know it's really interestingbecause Jolie sure you straight returning here you know it'spretty awesome and the

03/30/2016 1:19am

designed with texturized vegetable protein, a plant-based various meats alternative designed for vegetarians. They also contain no cholesterol. Whey protein drinks are based on cow's milk items and considered a staple in a bodybuilder or determine opponents diet strategy. Many solutions are available

03/31/2016 12:51am

other exercising besides your muscular growth routine? Perhaps there is a way you can help to eliminate it and thereby decrease your nutrient needs. I'm not saying become a bump on a log, you have to be sensible about it, but this could be a trick that you may not have thought of, and a easy change could

04/02/2016 2:33am

posture and can also raise excess fat than if they had poor a poor primary. While performing any of these substance exercises it must always be remembered to keep good kind, and only do the utmost

04/04/2016 1:24am

Let's face it, weight coaching can be intimidating, especially at the gym. It's tempting to want to show off

04/06/2016 12:50am

see how you do. Protein powdered, meats, fish oil, creatine, and glutamine tend to be very excellent ones first of all. For most people, this is all they'll need for outcomes. Don't Ignore Hard Work Third, like diet strategy, make sure that you don't also underestimate the benefits of attempt. If you begin using

04/14/2016 1:04am

many, right? What there purpose behind dropping weight? Most probably to look better or get much healthier. Having excellent abs do both factors. Not only you look better and sexier with difficult abs but also have low threat of injuring important stomach body parts and execute your day to day activities

heraa ansari
04/29/2016 12:48am

Perfect Garcinia Cambogia law families of two laws sister-in-and a brother in families law we can get food at any time from the restaurant delivered to us will eat there or anything, obviously, so pates garlic prawns cheese pasta garlic bread stuffed mushrooms balls arancini as the most amazing delicious food you'll ever taste is its restaurants not considering it is quite well once or twice a month because it is rich ..

Chly 1980
04/29/2016 2:49am

Perfect Garcinia Cambogia much as eating a spoonful of sugar so if we're trying to lose weight we need to look at those white flour products and Recognize That They Contribute to weight gain immensely now this does not mean that you 'Have to completely give up your cakes and breads and cookies in whatever it May be you just want to look on the label for the words 100 percent whole wheat or sprouted grains and in my video what not

richard williams
04/30/2016 2:02am

Bellaplex so alligator I Drive my entire life but I am now starting to produce a little at the end of the day off a little bit here on my nose but I still talk about it you guys who are really oil you probably really excited about that but I want my seat a value on it because that will help preserve her musical longer going to jump in the product that I have been using recently and tell you guys about that I have to know ..

05/04/2016 8:17pm

Great info. Lucky me I recently found your site by chance (stumbleupon). I have saved it for later!

What is spay and neuter about? this is a surgeries to reduce the ongoing tragedy of unwanted animals to extend pet's quality of life. By the used of high tech facilities and licensed Vet you can trust.

Plive 1973
05/04/2016 11:21pm

premium cleanse
important for someone who has the tragedies weight stuff that might be the reasons so you have this week is like I'm working with a trainer now he said you need to wake Monday's leg day the next day of cardio and the next day I'll do everything so that really helps your body no get not get used to one .

05/05/2016 11:03pm

Bellaplex be receiving said this is the perfect mass combination at your skin is dry doll and it's also really sensitive this next mask is for you my friend city making you're giving me to want he's been on honey path and mashed banana 1 tablespoon ground else anything is Terrell oatmeal into a food processor and middle .

05/06/2016 11:23pm

premium cleanse something small for the rest of the day that will help you know really keep your metabolism going use as soon as you start getting as soon as you start long periods of time no heating your by as well increase cortisol like.

05/16/2016 12:11am

I've made $64,000 so far this year w0rking 0nline and I'm a full time student. I'm using an 0nline business opportunity I heard about and I've made such great m0ney. It's really user friendly and I'm just so happy that I found out aboutit. Here’s what I've beendoing…

ap inter 2nd year time table 2017

05/09/2017 2:16am

Indian independent Delhi escort Pooja Roy, Genuine Indian outcall service in Delhi.

06/29/2017 5:28am

As of now, we are able to access almost all the application from Google play store